National Housing Infrastructure Facility Social and Affordable Housing (NHIF SAH)
Loans and grants.
What is the NHIF SAH?
Housing Australia provides loans and grants to directly support new social and affordable housing.
More information about the NHIF for housing enabling critical infrastructure (NHIF CI) is available here.
How it works
The NHIF’s purpose has been expanded by the Australian Government to enable Housing Australia to use the funds for social and affordable housing needs in addition to critical infrastructure.
What can NHIF SAH finance be used for?
NHIF SAH finance can be used for:
How does the funding work?
Eligible applicants can apply for finance for NHIF SAH concessional loans and/or grants. In general, grants will only be provided with a loan as part of a blended financing arrangement. In exceptional circumstances, grants alone of up to $3 million will be considered.
The following applicants may apply for finance through the NHIF SAH:
Registered community housing providers
State or territory governments or government-owned corporations
Local governments or local-government owned corporations
Incorporated special purpose vehicles that have at least one eligible foundation member (as above).
How to apply
- Consider the NHIF SAH Guidelines
- Download, complete and sign an EOI form. You can download a copy of the EOI form here
- Register for an account on the Housing Australia Portal (HAP) here
- Submit a completed EOI form via the HAP. You can do this by clicking “Apply Now” after you have signed into the HAP
- The Housing Australia Origination team will contact you to discuss your EOI
- Following assessment of your EOI by NHIFIC, you will be asked to submit a formal NHIF SAH application
- To submit a formal NHIF SAH application, sign into the HAP to download and complete a formal NHIF SAH application form
- Return to your NHIF SAH Application ID and submit your completed application via the HAP
- Housing Australia assesses the application and determines key financing terms and conditions
- Housing Australia will notify applicants of the outcome in writing.
Need more information?
If you are interested in applying for NHIF SAH finance, Housing Australia encourages applicants to read the NHIF SAH Guidelines first to find out more about the application process, terms and conditions.
For further questions contact Housing Australia here.