Capacity Building Program Grants
Grants to build sector capacity and capabilities.
Housing Australia provides grants to support and enable the sustainable growth of the community housing sector.
How it works
Under the Capacity Building Program, registered community housing providers can access grants of up to $20,000 (incl GST) for professional advisory services in the areas of finance, business planning, property development and risk management to support a Housing Australia finance application.
Representative peak bodies and groups of CHPs can also apply for grants of up to $20,000 (incl GST) to support sector-wide capacity building projects.
- Grants of up to $20,000 (GST inclusive) available to all registered CHPs (under the National Regulatory System, and the WA Regulatory Framework), or ‘Housing Providers’ (by the Victorian Housing Registrar)
- Grant referrals from Housing Australia to Community Housing Industry Association (CHIA), based on CHPs providing at least an initial expression of interest for AHBA or NHIF finance. CHPs can select consultants from names on the approved Panel
Eligible consultancy services
The Capacity Building Program provides consultancy services covering four key areas:
- Finance: project and business financial modelling, fundraising, financial risk analysis and key ratios
- Business planning: project and business planning, preparation of business cases, forming partnerships, monitoring results
- Property development: developing or procuring new social and affordable housing, mixed tenure, sustainable and accessible property design, urban planning, place making
- Risk management: understanding risks (business, financial, policy, governance etc.) and managing, monitoring and mitigating risk.
CHIA administers the Capacity Building Program on Housing Australia’s behalf.
For more information on how to access a grant, to find out click here.